Responder Patch #5208
This patch is intended for installation on top of Responder 9.3 Rev2 (build 5168) and replaces previously issued patches 5206, 5203, 5188, 5184 and 5176.
Functionality Included: This patch fixes numerous issues; please see the fixed bug list below for more information.
Recommended Users: All Clients on 9.3 Rev2 should install this patch.
Notes: This patch must be installed to all client, server and web server machines.
The following files are included in the patch and will replace existing files:
- Download the patch installer Patch_930Rev2_5208.exe to any local folder (Client, Server and Web Server boxes).
- Double-click the file to launch the installation.
- At the installer dialog, review the readme information if desired. Then click 'Install Patch'.
- When the installer dialog displays 'Completed', click the 'Close' button.
Functionality Documentation for Patch 5208
Patch 5208 includes a configuration setting and a new tool which can be taken advantage of.
Dispatcher Auto Population - This setting specifies what happens to the Owner of an incident when it is edited. If you leave the setting as True, everything will function in patch 5208 as it did previously. The Owner is automatically set when the incident is editing if 1) the Owner is "unassigned" and 2) the user editing it is a valid choice for the Owner field on the current incident. If you change this value to False, then the Owner will never be automatically set when editing an incident and it will have to be updated manually.
Update Population Stand Alone Tool - The Update Population Tool is traditionally used from ArcMap to update RX_Customers table information as well as customer counts in the archive for reliability reports. In patch 5208, it is now available as a stand alone tool which can be scheduled via windows scheduler. This allows these maintenance activities to be run on a nightly basis without human initiation. There is a new .exe and config file which gets installed to the Responder\Server folder. When running the tool, you can do so via command line or as an executable. If running as a command line, specify the executable name followed by the action you would like to perform. The types of actions available are:
- ServiceRegions - Count the number of customers in each region (specified by the RXREGION object model name) and populate the RX_Customers table with the region for each customer.
- Counties - Count the number of customers in each county (specified by the RXCOUNTY object model name) and populate the RX_Customers table with the county for each customer.
- Feeders - Count the number of customers on each feeder and populate the RX_Customers table with the feeder for each customer.
For example, if counting the customers in each region, the command line syntax would be:
You can skip the next section if you are NOT using SmartGrid
On the server machine, please make the following changes to Miner.Responder.QueryWindowsService.exe.config:
- Open Miner.Responder.QueryWindowsService.exe.config and find
- Below the line found in step 1, add the following lines:
<section name="Miner.Responder.Smartgrid.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false"/>
- Now find:
- Below the line found in step 3, add the following lines:
<setting name="SmartgridEnabled" serializeAs="String">
You can skip the section below if you applied 5206, if not, you must make the following changes:
On the client machine, please make the following changes to Miner.Responder.Explorer.exe.config:
- Open Miner.Responder.Explorer.exe.config and find the following line:
<add key="CustomerListSizeLimit" value="100" />
- Below the line found in step 1, add the following line:
<add key="DispatcherAutoPopulation" value="true"/>
On the client machine, please make the following changes to Miner.Responder.ArchiveExplorer.exe.config:
- Open Miner.Responder.ArchiveExplorer.exe.config and find the following line:
<setting name="PubSubEnabled" serializeAs="String">
- On the line below the one found in Step 1, change the value to False (as shown below):
- Find the following set of tags:
<setting name="DriverType" serializeAs="String">
- Below the tag, place the following set of tags:
<setting name="ProviderName" serializeAs="String">
You can skip the section below if you applied 5184, 5188, 5195, 5203, or 5206 if not, you must make the following changes:
On the server machine, please make the following changes to Miner.Responder.DataServices.exe.config:
- Open Miner.Responder.DataServices.exe.config and find the following line:
<add key="Retry.TwoWayDelay" value="00:00:10" />
- Below the line found in step 1, add the following line:
<add key="TimeThreshold" value="00:00:20" />
If you already installed Patch 5176, 5184, 5188, 5195, 5203, or 5206, you can skip the two sections below, but if you did not, you must make the following changes:
On the Server Machine, please make the following changes to SubmitRulesConfig.xml
- Open SubmitRulesConfig.xml and find the following line:
<b:RuleClass Key="" Type="Miner.Responder.Processors.SubmitRules.Post.ManageNewIncidentDevice, Miner.Responder.Processors" />
- After the rule found above, add the following line:
<b:RuleClass Key="" Type="Miner.Responder.Processors.SubmitRules.Post.ManageMovedIncidentDevice, Miner.Responder.Processors" />
If you already installed Patch 5172, 5176, 5184, 5188, 5195, 5203, or 5206, you can skip the section below, but if you did not, you must make the following changes as well:
On the Server Machine, please make the following changes to ArchiveQueriesConfig.xml
- Open ArchiveQueriesConfig.xml from (Install Dir)\Miner and Miner\Responder\Server
Under the following line: <QueryPackage Key="ArchiveReports">
Find the following Query Classes:
<QueryClass Key="IncidentDateRange" Caption="Incidents by Date Range">
<QueryClass Key="IncidentDuration" Caption="Incidents by Duration">
<QueryClass Key="IncidentFeeder" Caption="Incidents by Feeder">
<QueryClass Key="CriticalIncidents" Caption="Critical Incidents">
<QueryClass Key="MultipleOutageDevices" Caption="Devices with Multiple Outages">
On each one, replace
Patch #5208 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE37602 - Need to optionally turn on a timed system refresh for when experiencing pubsub issues.
- QFE37605 - Not all queries are going through query services when doing a manual refresh.
Patch #5206 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE37153 - Disable move upstream and change fault tool on incidents that are not no-power.
- QFE37252 - Need to be able to run Update Population tool stand alone outside.
- QFE37337 - Need to make dispatcher auto-population optional when editing incident.
- QFE37401 - PubSub logging message reports incorrect processing time.
- QFE37414 - PubSub disconnect message when opening Archive Explorer.
Patch #5203 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE36340 - Oracle "Set Transaction" errors can occur while under load.
- QFE37204 - Changes for PubSub connection losses with Responder Explorer.
- QFE37239 - Changes for PubSub connection losses with Responder Services.
- QFE37241 - Improvements in how reactive services are to shut down requests.
- QFE37291 - STA COM object accessed on the MTA thread error during incident processing.
- QFE37320 - Errors in processing of PubSub messages could cause stop remaining updates from being applied.
Patch #5195 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE36954 - Memory leak causing out of memory exceptions after continued usage.
- QFE36955 - Restoration steps still have customers out when it shouldn't.
- QFE37004 - Error when assigning crews to incidents.
- QFE37027 - Errors generated when a hazard is managed with a customized dataset.
- QFE37041 - Restoration does not work correctly in some nested scenario data conditions.
- QFE37029 - Find Tool error when using a customized domain which contains "." in the coded values.
- QFE37118 - Probable state thread using up too many connections which causes TNS errors over time.
- QFE37147 - Call Stragglers - Some calls are not processed in an efficient manner during load.
- QFE37201 - Responder Explorer Debugging Tool for Dumping Datasets.
- QFE37202 - Additional pubsub logging added to Explorer and Services.
Patch #5188 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE36801 - Modal windows disappear in a Citrix environment when minimized.
- QFE36802 - Region filter not working for crews.
- QFE36803 - [Preserved] calls causing error with processing.
- QFE36840 - Incidents not going to probable state.
- QFE36927 - Crew status not being updated through explorer and pubsub.
- QFE36798 - Switch Order Report goes to the wrong directory.
Patch #5184 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE36453 - Reliability reports returning no results in SQL Server.
- QFE36456 - Validation rules for crew status changes are too restrictive.
- QFE36496 - Energized/De-Energized bugs causing conductor display to be incorrect in some cases.
- QFE36591 - Querying for archived incidents causes memory exceptions when querying on a large number of incidents.
Patch #5176 contains the following bug fixes:
- QFE36375 - Unable to move incidents upstream when an abnormal feed is present.
- QFE36381 - Invalid error during switch order when downstream tag is present.
- QFE36438 - Slow performance in SPI creation below large feeders which contain loops.
- QFE36392 - Errors when using incident tools in a split/re-join area.
- QFE36449 - Energized/De-Energized issues with incident rollups.
Patch #5172 contained the following bug fixes:
- QFE35377 - The oldest cooked calls should be processed first.
- QFE35380 - Over-prediction on gang-operated devices not working correctly.
- QFE35592 - Pub/Sub issue with deleting a crew and crew members.
- QFE35685 - When RCS server is down, re-connecting services use all sockets.
- QFE35785 - Memory error when editing incidents in archive.
- QFE35791 - Explorer takes too long to open when the system has a large number of incidents.
- QFE35825 - Archive reports on large datasets don't run.
For ArcGIS and ArcSDE issues, please seek assistance from ESRI Technical Support.